Who processes the personal data ?
The private company Tilleman van Hoogenbemt Lawyers, whose registered office is located at Meir 24 bus 6, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium and registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under the number 0472.570.736 (hereinafter ” TVH “) very much values the protection of the personal data of the users of its website www.tvh-advocaten.be, as well as those of its customers and contacts.
Pursuant to the European general data protection regulation n° 2016/679, TVH acts as data controller of the personal data that are transmitted. TVH makes every effort to ensure that appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to protect these data.
What personal data ?
The personal data that are collected and processed by TVH can vary, depending on the situation at hand: name, first name, profession, place of residence, contact details, date and place of birth, marital status, national registration number and identity card, bank account, competencies and professional career, pictures, information relating to the file handled by TVH, including, if and to the extent necessary, health information without intervention of a professional health worker, and information concerning proceedings pending, suspicions, prosecutions and convictions, to which you have expressly given your consent by disclosing it to TVH.
For what purpose(s) ?
The processing of these data is necessary to allow TVH, depending on the situation at hand:
- to respond to requests for contact and/or calls for tenders;
- to process the applications, being understood that if an application is not retained, the related data will be erased six months after the end of the hiring process;
- to send the newsletter and/or any other information concerning the activities of TVH;
- to carry out market studies;
- to promote the activities of TVH;
- to perform the contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject, and in particular for customer management, the invoicing and the collection process, the checking for possible conflicts of interests, the access to premises, and the compliance with the applicable ethical and legal obligations, notably those set out in the law of January, 11, 1993 relating to the prevention of the utilization of the financial system for the purposes of money laundering and financing of terrorism. In that case, the related data will be kept during the performance of the contract as well as during the statutory limitation periods.
With the exception of the above specific retention periods, these data will be kept as long as the concerned people do not object to their processing.
To whom can these data be transmitted ?
The personal data are transmitted, depending on the situation at hand:
- to lawyers, technical experts and authorities who intervene in the files of the data subjects concerned, such as courts and public officers;
- to public authorities, awarding public entities and private entities within the framework of calls for tenders;
- to supervisory authorities to comply with the applicable ethical and legal obligations, such as the president of the bar;
- to the tax and social authorities, to the extent of the tax and social obligations of TVH;
- to the subcontractors of TVH, such as an IT provider, to the extent of the performance of their respective tasks.
What rights have the data subjects ?
Every data subject can exercise free of charge his/her legal rights of access and rectification.
It is also possible to ask for the rectification, and even the erasure, of data which would be inaccurate, incomplete or not relevant, or the restriction of processing.
Also, it is possible to object to the processing of his/her personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Finally, in certain cases, it is possible to receive the personal data that were supplied to TVH in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit these data to another data controller.
To exercise one of these rights, it is necessary to send a signed and dated request, with a copy of both sides of the identity card, by mail to TVH or by email at email@example.com. If it is an electronic ID card, it is also necessary to attach an official certificate of his/her place of residence.
Finally, every data subject has the right to introduce a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat/Rue de la presse, 35, 1000 Brussels, www.dataprotectionauthority.be.
Are there cookies ?
What is a cookie ?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your computer when you visit websites. Information is saved in this text file, such as your choice of language on a website. When you visit the website later again, this cookie returns to the concerned website. In this way, the website recognizes your browser and can for example retain your choice of language. Cookies usually also have an expiration date. For example, some cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser (so-called session cookies), while others can be stored longer on your computer, sometimes until you delete them manually (so-called permanent cookies).
TVH, administrator of this website, uses 3 types of cookies on www.tvh-advocaten.be :
- Cookies for necessary purposes ;
- Cookies for functional purposes ;
- Cookies for analytical purposes.
TVH uses Google Analytics for analytical purposes. This analytical tool installs cookies that we use in order to quantify the visits (traffic) on the website. This allows us to know how many times a particular page has been consulted. We use this information only to improve the content of our website or as a basis for a new campaign by determining certain topics of great interest. The use of these cookies for analytical purposes is subject to your prior consent. Thus, you can refuse the installation of these cookies on your device.
List of necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for purely technical reasons for the use of the website. Given the technical necessity, only an obligation of information applies and they are placed as soon as you access the website.
|phpsessid||Session||TVH||Allows the website to store session status data. The website is used to establish a user session and communicate status data through a temporary cookie, commonly known as a session cookie.|
List of the functional cookies
These cookies cannot be refused if you want to surf on www.tvh-advocaten.be, but they are placed only after a choice has been made regarding the placement of cookies.
|cookieconsent_status||1 year||TVH||Only to find out if the person clicked OK in the cookie banner.|
|pll_language||1 year||TVH||The user’s language to re-display the site in the right language on the next visit.|
List of analytical cookies
You can decline these cookies if you want to surf on www.tvh-advocaten.be
|_ga||2 years||Google Analytics||Distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 day||Google Analytics||To get an overview of the visitors of the mobile site.|
|_gid||2 days||Google Analytics||Used to reduce the number of requests.|
How can I see which cookies are installed on my device and how can I remove them?
If you want to know which cookies are installed on your device or if you want to delete them, you can use the relevant settings in your browser or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The present privacy statement has been drafted on May 24, 2018. We reserve the right to modify from time to time. We therefore recommend you to check it regularly in order to be aware of such modifications.